Thursday, August 7, 2008

Dad is the coolest!!!

For the last few weeks Harli has made it very clear to Brandon and I that she wants a typewriter for Christmas. She talks about it all the time (mainly to her dad) but we all know how bad she wants one. So apparently Brandon has been a little more proactive about checking into and finding a typewriter for our little girl who has her daddy wrapped around her little finger.


He called me and told me that he went to the D.I. on his lunch and found .... oh yes a typewriter for only $5.00. I tried to get him to wait but when he walked in the door he just paced back and forth until he couldn't take it anymore. The girls are so excited. They fight over whose turn it is.







They really like the sound of the keys typing and pretending that they are so busy typing away. We've figured out why it was only $5. It is very tempermental but the girls think their dad is the best! Harli says she still wants a typewriter but one with the things that pop up. So if anyone has any old typewrite sitting around that they want to get rid of let me know.




5 comments:

Amanda said...

That is funny that Harli wants a typewriter. I wish I would have known earlier. Our neighbor had a yard sale last weekend and there was an old one there. I thought it would be fun to have it just for nostalgic purposes, but then figured it would just sit in a closet somewhere. I should have gone with my instincts and bought it!

Keri said...

So cute! I love it! I bet you could find an old one on ebay/ksl or at an antique store - but whether you could get one of those for $5 too - I have no idea!

Anonymous said...

What a cool dad! It makes me laugh that he was so excited to give it to her. Isn't it funny how most of the time it's the cheap, little things that they love the most and the big, expensive things sit by the wayside and don't get used:)

Elder and Sister Longhurst said...

Tell Brandon that he is awsome! Every little girl needs a daddy like him!

Chad and Stephanie said...

I JUST THREW ONE OUT ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO AND IT WAS STILL IN GOOD CONDITION SORRY I WOULD HAVE GIVEN IT TO YOU IF I HAD KNOWN.