Thursday, July 10, 2008

Our Anniversary week of adventure.

Yea for us, we've passed our 10 year mile stone with hopes of many many more to come.
Well now for the mysterious and secretive details of our adventures.(I'll spare you some)
July 1st Day 1.
*HOT AIR BALLOON RIDE.
Met in Park city at 6:30 am, drove to Heber city, Bran helped set up the hot air balloon and off we took.(With 10 people total in our balloon) We got as high as 8,888 feet up in the air. It was exilleratiing and very beautiful. Bran and I both had our camera's that both do pictures and videos.(Bran was more the videos and to no suprise I was the pictures).




*2 HR HORSE BACK RIDE. Suprisingly not my favorite. I was looking forward to this cause I've riden horses plenty of times, the last time being in high school when I was bucked off. I never got back on the horse so to say but I really didn't think it would be an issue but we soon found out that it was. We (Our trail guide, Bran and I) went on a nice trail with nice tall grass to temp the horses oh and yea my horse liked to stop and eat every few steps, putting his head down and making me feel like I was going to fall off the front of him right over his head and down into the trees and yes I was being very dramatic and frantic but I stuck with it and after we got down on the flatter part it was much better however still terrified of being bucked off and that is really not the way I wanted to die.(like I said very dramatic)I felt bigger than the horse and that I was going to get bucked off but I survived and it was very fun. One of Brans favorite adventures.(I think he enjoyed it so much cause he got alot of good laughs at me.)

*ALPINE SLIDE, ALPINE COASTER AND ZIPLINE RIDE. The Alpine slide, cool but slow. The new Alpine coaster, very fun and very fast. The Zipline ride, soooooo fun.(I actually video'd with the camera around my neck and it turned out ok.)

*TUSCANOS. Dinner at the Gateway in SLC. Very yummy.
*U2 LASER CONCERT AT CLARKE PLANETARIUM. Enjoyable and relaxing.
Then home to sleep in our own bed.
July 2, Day 2.
*SCUBA DIVING.
Scuba West in South Ogden, very fun-highly recommend it. Learned to scuba in a 12 foot pool. I absolutley do not like any water in my ears(it's a phobia of mine, my ears are very sensitive) but we were under water for about 30-40 minutes and I had no problem at all. We thru a torpedo back and forth and swam thru triangle hoops and played around all on the bottom of the pool. We took pictures but they didn't turn out very well, kinda dark.


*iFLy. We wanted to jump out a plane and skydive but it didn't work out so we did the next best thing, iFly at the Solomon center in Ogden. This too was one of my favorite things to do and I also highly recommend this adventure. We both flew for a total of 5 min. each and wow it takes it out of ya. Soooooooo so fun.

*1 HR COUPLE MASSAGE at massage envy just down the street from us. Very relaxing I liked it very much, Bran however did not like it. He's not one to be touched. He liked his hands and feet a little but that was all. They both had very strong hands and we felt it for the next day or so.
*Opted to get take out and rent movies instead of going to Layton to Go Cart race at Speed Street. We were pretty relaxed and tired and just wanted to veg out at home.
JULY 3, DAY 3.
*NEW TRAILER.
Our trailer was ready so we went and picked it up and did all the walk thru and bought the stuff that we needed for the trailer. Very Fun and exciting.

*PLANE RIDE, or I should say-Bran flew a Plane. Bran has always been interested in airplanes and flying his remote control planes and they keep getting bigger and better and keep challenging Bran to fly them but he always seems to do it. So anyway went to Ogden airport and we were going to go for a ride to see if Bran might someday learn to fly a plane. It was very hot and harder to fly a little plane in the heat so I opted to stay behind so Bran could go and have more of a chance of surviving. I was not happy when he landed and He informed me that he did not get any pictures or video like I had asked him to. Well after pouting for a minute Him and the pilot told me that he couldn't cause he was flying. WOW!!!! I backed off and am happy with the pictures that I did get.

JULY 4,5,6 DAYS 4,5,AND 6.
*CAMPING
in our trailer with the 4wheelers. Very fun and very relaxing just doing our own thing. We went down to Doug's (my Mom's husband and/or my Step Dad, and kids grandpa) anyway... we went to his property down in/by MountPleasant around Nephi area. My mom and Doug showed us the way helped us get to the property (getting the trailer up the steep hills and to the property was an adventure in and of itself.) Mom and I rode the 4wheelers, the guys changed a flat tire on the truck, got set up and then I just could not keep the secret anymore and told my Mom and Doug of our adventures while we all ate lunch. Then they were on their way with our secrets to our family BBQ and fireworks at there house. We enjoyed nature, rode the 4wheelers, played house in the trailer (ok I played house in the trailer while Bran was out mapping the land.) We really loved being together(just the 2 of us) and enjoyed all our many adventure and look forward to our many more adventures now that our vacation is over and we are back in the real world of reality. Bran put together alot of our pictures and video and made a slide show. We had family over on Tuesday for dinner and a movie of our adventures, it was lot of fun.

A big THANK YOU to STACI, GRANDMA REYNA, and GRANDMA CHEEVER for having the kids overnight and to Codee and Sara for always helping out. Thanks so much for making it possible for Bran and I to be together, to reconnect, to be young and crazy, to relax, and just enjoy being married to each other. To my husband who I love so much and am very fortunate to have. Thanks for being the man you are, a husband, a Dad/Father, a friend, a hard worker, a provider, a student, a manager of our finances, calm and patient, teaching, fun, loving, young and crazy.......you are so much more but I will spare the bloggers and tell you in person. Just know that I'm thankful for you and all that you do. I LOVE YOU. XOXOXO

7 comments:

Staci said...

Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun. A little jealous here. I so want to try the scuba diving and Ifly! I'm glad your back safe and sound after all those adventures!

Bonnie said...

wow, so much going on in your busy life, i would have to say i am a bit jealous too. we should call you "Dr. Jones" for the week with how many crazy, exciting things you have done. so, i don't like only communicating through blog, i hope to see you at work sometime. well, blog you later!

Wendy said...

I think you guys deserve to have an adventure weekend after being married for 10 years! That is exciting though! Looks like a load of fun!

Amanda said...

Love the pics! So fun! You both totally deserve it. It was so fun to see you. Love you so much!

Chad and Stephanie said...

LOOKS LIKE TONZ AND TONZ OF FUN! LOVE THE NEW TRAILER, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE TOY HAULER IN THE FRONT, COOL! HOPE YOU HAD FUN AND I WOULD LOVE TO DO HALF THE STUFF YOU DID.

Jen said...

Thanks for sharing your adventures. We are trying to decide what we want to do for our 10 year in Feb.

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! We celebrated 16 yrs on July 1st and didn't do half the fun stuff you guys did. I'm a little jealous:). Now that you have a trailer, you need to come to Idaho and see what real camping is like! We'd love to see you.