Friday, September 26, 2008

Hockey Brock

Brock plays on Bonneville Highs Hockey team. There is only 2 Freshman on the team one form South Jr High and Brock from TH Bell Jr High. He's been waiting and talking about this for years now. It's been 8 years since he's played due to ice time on sundays. (Total deal breaker!)
He's doing good and picking it back up pretty quick. It is so exciting to me because my little brother played for Northridge High, Weber State, and is now an assistant coach for Weber State. This last game Seth(my little brother) coached Brocks team, due to both coaches being gone so they asked if he would be our guest coach. Brock said it's been a dream of his that Seth would be his coach. So for one night he was. They played down at the Olympic Oval, it was very cool. This was our 3rd game and we finally scored. We lost again but we played better than before and the score was only 4-2. The other scores have been 13-0 and 8-0 so we will take 4-2. We scored the 1st goal, then tied at 2, then you can figure the rest. I had double the butterflies for Brock and then for Seth. Seth did a great job coaching (he looked pretty natural) and Brock did a great job playing. I know when it comes to Hockey, Brock wants to be just like Seth (which is great -as long as he doesn't get the mouth that comes with it!!!)



Here is just a couple of pics.
(I take a ton in hopes to get THE ONE, and to capture EVERYTHING and because its FUN.)

Brock playing Right Wing on a face off. (with his back to us, Tornblom #2)

Seth standing on the bench coaching The LAKERS in between periods.

Going into the 1st game at the Ice Sheet.
(He was nervous and was not in the mood for my picture taking, but I had to get a picture.)
(And a special THANKS to Seth for donating almost all of Brocks gear/equipment. One of the perks for us that Seth has played for so long and having tons of equipment.)

Brocks # is 2, due to his "given tatoo"(freckles) on the inside of his right arm.

Pretty funny, huh?

This last picture is of Brocks 1st game cheering section.
(3 rows of people, ok not full rows but still alot of support.)

Brocks Hockey schedule is at bonnevillehockey.com for those interested in coming to support and cheer him on.






5 comments:

Amanda said...

Brings back so many memories and emotions! I don't know why I'm crying like a baby reading this. Maybe because I can't believe how fast time has flown by or maybe because I miss the games and being a part of it all, or maybe because I know how much his Grandpa Peterson would have loved to have been there. I'm sure he was, but still. Give him big hugs for me. :)

Bob said...

Thanks for the sports update Gayla. It is amazing how fast Hockey Brockey is growing!

Melissa said...

I loved going to Brock's game tonight it was fun! I love watching hockey games! I was so glad i was able to come to this game cause it was late enough that i could make it!

Jen said...

Way to go, Brock!

Bob said...

Might try to go to the game on October 6th. Where is the Salt Lake City Sports Complex? Text the address to my cell where it is if you get this. 801-243-9351
Thanks