Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Day At The Park


The kids and I decided that we need to get out more. So we are going to go to a different park every thursday. This will give us a some free entertainment and togetherness time. We were in Roy today, right in the area where I lived until I was about 11 years old. I took the kids on a tour of my younger years stomping grounds, my old house, my school and the route I walked rain or shine ( my kids have it so easy compared to what I had), my church I went to, where I took swimming lessons, piano lessons, got my hair cut, where my friends lived, where we would ride our bikes ( almost everywhere we went), where would go to get slurpees and candy cigarettes (until my mom caught us walking on a main road acting like we where smoking-not a good day) where we played soccer, and where we hung out. It was very fun going back to those times. My kids don't think its fair that they don't get to go all over town on their bikes and go wherever they please. My response to that is it was a different time back then (now I sound really old) and I do let them do stuff, but I worry alot and would rather have them close by. Anyway, we went to a park and played baseball with waffle balls and plastic bats that Grandpa Holmes brought us. We also played kick ball, soccer, pyramids and layed back and did some cloud watching. We really had a fun time.





We then stopped in and saw my little sis, (Aunt Staci) at work (Radio Shack) and got treats (1 Kit Kat, 2 Snickers, 1 Reeses, and 1 bag of Peanut M&M's). We then went to get some dinner at Central Park in sunset (I really like their fries). Then we came home and sat around and relaxed.



What a day!!!

P.S. I need someone to show/tell/explain to me how to do a slide show on my blog, cause I love taking pictures and it takes up so much room on a post.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

FUN! FUN! FUN! You're such a cool mom! :)