Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

A day of family, memories and making new memories. 7 years ago my dad passed away very unexpectedly of a heart attack. I think we all miss him very much and oh how things would be so different if he were still here. Do I think things would be better? Yes and No. Yes, cause he would be here and there wouldn't be the pain and longing for him. But on the other hand, I think when we as a family lost him, we have become closer to our mom and to each other. I feel like we have always been close but it is a different kind of closeness that we have now. I think for the most part, my dad would be proud of his family for how we have and are handling life. well enough of that.

All my family came over for our 7nth annual memorial day BBQ. This year we shared our togetherness with my brother-in-laws mom, Monika and little brother Kevin and Kevins girlfriend Whitney.(their like family) So there was my Mom and Doug, Jason, Sara, Allie and Nathan, me, Brandon, Brock, Kayla, Harli, and Sammi, Seth and his dog puck, Staci and Martin, Monika, Kevin and Whitney. We had a full house with good food. My mom, brothers, sister and I went to the cemetary together to pay our respects. We laughed so much! I don't think we will ever grow up. I love my family sooooo much and am very thankful that I'm in the family that I am in. I also feel very blessed to be apart of Brandons family and love them too. We get along so great and have fun whenever we get together.

No comments: