Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Happy Easter!!!!
As you can tell the Easter bunny found us!
Really mad I didn't get pictures of the kids before church...they looked so cute all dressed up in their Easter outfits.
So after church my family all came over to do Easter stuff. My mom made roast, potatoes, carrots and rolls. Mmmmmmm one of my Sunday favorites. Sara brought no baked cookies nests with jelly beans that Allie made. Yummy.
While we waited for dinner to finish cooking Grandma brought eggs for an egg hunt for the kids.
Pretty fun!

The kids and their eggs!
So its tradition to roll easter eggs. We try to come up with fun ways and games to play while rolling our boiled eggs. This year was a fun one. The kids rolled them down the hill with their noses. I am not sure we will be able to get them to do it again but it sure was fun to watch.

Aunt Staci explaining the rules of the game.


Jason and Sara brought kites for the kids to fly. As we all sat and ate the boiled eggs that did not get rolled or thrown.
It was a great Easter and a very fun Birthday. I love being all together with my family and having fun. Thanks Family for coming over and making it a wonderful day!!!
A little useless trivia: On Easter 11 years ago it was my Birthday, we were in St. George with my family, Grandparents, Aunt and Uncle and cousins. We all stayed in a cabin together and Brandon proposed to me. BEST gift EVER!!!

So after family all left we noticed Harli and Sammi's eyes all red, itchy and goopy...Yuck!
Pretty sure its pink eye, so we started the drops. ugh.....

One of the cutest things for a mother to witness.....One child tucking in the other after a traumatic experience (eye drops).

Walked by and Harli was reading stories to Sammi so she could fall asleep so her eyes would stop hurting.
Awwww...the love of a sister!

2 comments:

Bob said...

Looks like a great Easter and Birthday! It is pretty nice to have a park right across the street! Great Photos! I downloaded a few to add to my collection! Keep em commin! Thanks for sharing!

Babette and Dan said...

I LOVE holidays, looks like your kids are being raised the same way I raised mine...GOOD JOB Gayla..lol